MARSEILLE FOS, A MULTI-PRODUCT PORT
The solid bulk sector in Marseille Fos is organized around the import/export of agri-food products such as cereals and industrial bulk such as fertilizers, raw materials. The port implements specific know-how and dedicated terminals with storage areas, conveyor belts and specialized hangars to meet the needs of customers in highly fluctuating markets.
- Towards driving new growth.
- Connected to the river.
- Linked to the Rhône-Alpes Region for industry and the food-processing industry.
- Reliable, secure port.
- ISPS approved port.
- A secure port chain.
- Smooth flow of the cargo on the quayside.
- Quayside rail connections.
- Proximity to the motorway network.
- Diversity of the offering.
- Presence of one of the leaders in the concrete industry : CEMEX.
- Presence of the world leader in the steel industry : ARCELORMITTAL.
- Presence of a ready-mix concrete production unit.
- Rail and river connection.
- Flat and vertical storage silos.
- Transhipment end-to-end.
- Modern facilities.
- Terminals with the Food Safety / Good Trading Practices Charter (CSA/GTP).
Dry Bulk Terminal - Marseille harbours
|Dry bulk terminals - Darse 1 – Fos-sur-Mer harbours||"Caronte" Terminal - Fos-sur-Mer harbours||"Arcelor Mittal" Terminal - Darse 1 - Fos-sur-Mer harbours||Gloria and Tellines Terminals - Port-Saint-Louis-du-Rhône|
|Operator :||MPMM||SEA INVEST/CARFOS||SEA INVEST/CARFOS||SOSERSID-SOMARSID||SEA INVEST/CARFOS|
|Surface area :||on request||66 ha||22 ha||37 ha||16 ha|
|Quay :||2 berths 40 and 22||Length 850 m||Length 650 m||Length 640 m||Length 260 - 380 m|
|Draught :||9 - 10.70 m||12.50 - 16.70 m||Up to 9 m||Up to 19.50 m||7.2 - 10 m|
|Max. ship capacity :||Capesize - 290 x 50 x 16.70 m- 150 000 T||25 000 T||230 000 T||30 000 T|
|Destinations :||North Africa, Mediterranean, Africa||South Africa, Colombia, Venezuela, USA, Indonesia, Guinea||Mediterranean, West Africa, China, Australia||Worldwide||Mediterranean, Eastern Mediterranean|
|Facilities :||2 shore cranes, Capacity over 55T / Mobility 50 M||E-crane crane (400T/h), Potain crane (300T/h with weighing on belt conveyor), loading gantry cranes, handling links with port silos|
|Connections :||Rail||Rail/River||Rail/River||Rail/River||Quayside rail and river network|
|Products :||Alumina, cement, scrap metal, cereals, pumice stone, sand, sunflower cake…||Cement, clinker, ores, coal, coke, bauxite, biomass...||Fertilizers, ores, alumina, clinker...and all types of bulk products.||Iron ore, coal....||Cereals, fertilizers, peat, products from organic agriculture|
|Storage capacity :||Quayside storage 13 000 m2 and 16 000 m2 of warehousing||Storage platform||Storage plateform||Storage plateform||8 000 m3 (vertical silos) and 12 000 m3 (flat silos), flat storage and an analysis laboratory|